#SocaBrunchLate: Tall Ships + Fireworks Birthday Special
The Hurlingham Party Boat, City of London, United Kingdom
Full info: SocaBrunchLate.eventbrite.com
Spring is practically over and the sun is out which can only mean one thing. We're back!!!
It's our 3rd Birthday and to celebrate, we're doing things a little different this time round. We've hired the Hurlingham Party Boat and we're cruising the Thames for this special occasion.
Now if you're thinking that this is just another boat party, you'll be wrong as there is an added extra. This cruise takes place during the Sail Royal Tall Ships Festival. You're probably thinking 'what is that and what does it have to do with me flinging two foot pon de boat?'. Well it's an annual event where a bunch of historic wooden sail ships from all over the world arrive in London and are stationed along the River Thames. Think Pirates Of The Caribbean, The Goonies, Mary Rose, Cutty Sark etc.
It's a rare chance to see them in London.
Now imagine 'wukin up' against this incredible backdrop.
On top of that, there will be a huge fireworks show as part of the festival by the O2 arena and we will be right in the middle of the river when this takes place.
Now let's deal with the obvious. We have always only ever done our brunch parties during the afternoon; however, in order for us to see the fireworks, we've obviously had to time this boat party to take place at dusk which technically means it isn't a brunch event. Not helpful when ur brand has the word 'brunch' init lol. It also means we are unable to offer the usual brunch menu. Good news is that we've arranged for food to be served at the start of the cruise before boarding.
Roti: Chicken (boneless) or Vegetarian
- Early Bird Tickets SOLD OUT
- Regular Ticket w complimentary drink or jelly shot (no food): £25 (with food): £31
- Last Chance Ticket w complimentary drink or jelly shot (no food): £30 (with food): £36
Please note the following:
- Boarding: 6.30pm Sails: 7pm
- Arrive earlier for complimentary Jelly Shots and Rum Punch before boarding
- Capacity is VERY limited. (160)
- The boat will sail up and down the thames. It won't be docked or moored.
- We will return to the same pier (Tower Millenium Pier)
- Late arrival = Missing the boat. The boat will not wait for anyone. Don't become a pier runner.
- Parking. Arrive EARLY to allow for parking and walking to boat.
- If you suffer from motion sickness then this may not be the party for you.
- Avoid heels. Wear comfortable shoes/trainers. The boat will sway occasionally.
- Make sure to have some free space on your phone for pics and videos of all the tall ships and fireworks.
Dj Dukes (Soca Brunch/Big Business)
Dj Credable (Red Eye/Release D Riddim)
Cappachino (Soca Brunch/Carnival Crasherz/Big Business)
Pure Soca with little splash of party classics
Casual but fly. Please make an effort. We advise those attending to dress light. Nautical Themes and colours welcome.
Location: Tower Millennium Pier
Boat: The Hurlingham
Boarding: 6.30pm, Sailing: 7pm
Ticket includes: Entry, complimentary Jelly shots/Rum punch (before 6:30pm)
Street Parking: (Check parking signs) Muscovy Street, Trinity Square, Seething Lane.
Multi-Storey Parking: http://www.cityoflondon.gov.uk/services/transport-and-streets/parking/where-to-park/car-parks/Pages/Tower-Hill-car-and-coach-park.aspx
What's the refund policy?
As this event operates according to a very strict and limited capacity, there is a no refund policy in place so please be certaing before purchasing your tickets.
The Hurlingham Party Boat
Tower Millenium Pier, Three Quays Walk
City of London